Manufactured (Mobile) Home Questions


Click to go to the home page.

How do I change the name on my manufactured (mobile) home title?

The Department of Motor Vehicles Office (located in the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office) will require proof that the ad valorem taxes are paid on the manufactured home.

You will need to request a tax certificate from the El Paso County Treasurer’s Office. Please note that there is a $10.00 fee for this form.

My husband or wife passed away and I need to remove their name from my manufactured home title. What do I do?

You will need to take a copy of the death certificate to the County Clerk Motor Vehicle office to have the name removed. No Tax Authentication form is needed.

What will I need in order to move my manufactured (mobile) home?

You will need to request a “Tax Authentication Form and Moving Permit”. There is a fee of $10.00 for this item.

All taxes must be current and you will need to pay additional fees/taxes if the home is leaving El Paso County or the State of Colorado.

Please contact our office for further information at (719) 520-7900.

Can I request a “Mobile Home Authentication” or a “Tax Certificate” by mail?

Yes. There is a $10.00 fee for either form.

You will need to provide specific information with your request, so please contact our office for further instructions at (719) 520-7900.