The Office of the Treasurer is responsible for the collection and distribution of property taxes in compliance with Colorado Statutes.
The Treasurer serves as the banker and investment officer for all County funds. Interest earnings provide an additional source of revenue for the County and its various agencies.
The collection of unpaid property taxes and special assessments is the responsibility of the Treasurer.
Real property and manufactured home unpaid taxes are enforced through the annual tax lien sale with the Treasurer becoming the agent through which the lien is paid.
Personal property tax enforcement is accomplished by seizing and selling the property when necessary.
(719) 520-7900 Telephone
(719) 520-7549 Fax
1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 2100
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 2018
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2018
8:00 – 5:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Payments & documents may be deposited in the secure ballot box near the East entrance of the Citizen Service Center, or in the secure drop box at the entrance to our office.
Current tax payments for all property types may be made by debit or credit by phoning (719)520-7900. There is a non-refundable fee of 2.5% of the tax amount for debit and credit card transactions.
- Online payments may be made on Real Estate and Mobile Home current year taxes from mid-January to August 31st. Fees are as follows:
- Credit card, 2.5% of the tax amount
- Debit card, $3.95
- ACH (Electronic Check), $1.50
- Under “Online Services” click on “Real Estate Property Tax Search and Online Payments” to:
- Personal Property, State Assessed and Possessory Interest Tax payments CANNOT be paid online.
- View Payment History
- View or Print your Real Estate or Mobile Home Tax Statement
- Online payments may take at least three (3) business days for the payment to be posted to our website.
- Requests for refunds of online payments should be directed to TRSWEB@ELPASOCO.COM. Please include your “ELP” confirmation number. ACH refunds cannot be processed for 10 days from date of payment.
- Tax Statements are the archived image of the initial printed statement for the current tax year and will not reflect changes made throughout the year.