The Office of the Treasurer is responsible for the collection and distribution of property taxes in compliance with Colorado Statutes.
The Treasurer serves as the banker and investment officer for all County funds. Interest earnings provide an additional source of revenue for the County and its various agencies.
The collection of unpaid property taxes and special assessments is the responsibility of the Treasurer.
Real property and manufactured home unpaid taxes are enforced through the annual tax lien sale with the Treasurer becoming the agent through which the lien is paid.
Personal property tax enforcement is accomplished by seizing and selling the property when necessary.
(719) 520-7900 Telephone
(719) 520-7549 Fax
1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 2100
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Payment Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 2018
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2018
8:00 – 5:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
- Effective September 1, 2018 the Treasurer’s Office is no longer accepting payment of tickets issued by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Payments are now accepted at the El Paso County Office of the Sheriff. For questions regarding Citation Payment, please see “Citation Questions“.
- Current tax payments for all property types may be made by debit or credit in our office, or by phone. There is a non-refundable fee of 2.5% of the tax amount for debit and credit card transactions.
- Real Estate and Mobile Home taxes may be paid online by credit, debit or ACH. Fees are as follows:
- Credit card, 2.5% of the tax amount
- Debit card, $3.95
- ACH (Electronic Check), $1.50
- Under “Online Services” click on “Real Estate Property Tax Search and Online Payments” to:
- Pay your REAL ESTATE or MOBILE HOME taxes from January through August 31st. Personal Property, State Assessed and Possessory Interest Tax payments CANNOT be paid online.
- View Payment History
- View or Print your Real Estate or Mobile Home Tax Statement
- Online payments may take at least three (3) business days for the payment to be posted to our website.
- Direct refund requests for online payments can be requested through TRSWEB@ELPASOCO.COM. Please include your “ELP” confirmation number. ACH refunds cannot be processed for 10 days from date of payment.
- Tax Statements are the archived image of the initial printed statement for the current tax year and will not reflect changes made throughout the year.
- Per 39-10-104.5 C.R.S., taxes totaling more than $25.00 may be paid in two equal installments or one full payment (see “Important Dates“). Taxes totaling less than $25.00 must be paid in one, full payment.